Summer Tutoring in Delco and Chester County, PA
Serving The Greater Delaware Valley
Summer offers a much-needed break for students, but the extended vacation can set them back and they can lose some of the academic progress they made during the year. Above Grade Level offers comprehensive summer programs to avoid the “summer slide” and equip your student to excel over the long summer recess. Your child will be confident and well prepared for their next grade level once the new school year begins.
Our summer tutoring programs provide a refreshing break to the daily grind of the school year. We start by designing a custom learning plan for your child based on the results of our Free Skill Level Assessment .
Math Transition Program
This program equips your rising 9th grade student with a math comprehension level which instills confidence. This math skill-set is a necessary prerequisite for the demanding mathematical curriculum they will encounter in high school. The Math Transition program begins with our Free Skill Level Assessment which will determine the areas that each student needs to focus on.
This program is designed for juniors and seniors in high school who are enrolling in demanding calculus courses. The personalized tutoring received in this program will prepare them to analyze, comprehend and solve difficult calculus concepts and operations.
Writing Skills Workshop
The Writing Skills in this program were developed for 6th-8th grade students. This unique writing program focuses on analytical and creative writing techniques. Students learn to think critically and organize their thoughts into clear, cohesive ideas. The writing skills learned in this course will be valuable throughout their middle school, high school and college years.
PSAT, ACT and SAT Prep Programs
Prepare your high school sophomore or junior to excel on the PSAT in October. Juniors taking the PSAT have a chance to qualify for the National Merit Scholarship.
Our tutors administer actual full-length practice tests, to ensure your student has a clear understanding of what will be asked on the actual exam. Once the practice test is scored, our PSAT, ACT and SAT tutors will customize a personalized study program to address your student’s area of need.
Our instructors will customize a personalized study program to address your student’s area of need. We reveal optimal methods for: uncovering the correct choice for multiple choice questions, how to organize thoughts and think creatively for essay portions, how to analyze question structure to select the best conclusion and how to manage exam time more effectively. Once our students apply these test-taking techniques, they will substantially increase their prospects for scoring higher on their examination.
Exciting Summer Workshops!
- FORENSIC SCIENCE: Use real science skills to solve crime scenes! (all ages)
- WRITING WORKSHOPS: Professional writers share their secrets! (all ages)
- Creative Writing
- Poetry Writing
- Journalism: Become an Ace Reporter!
- Essay Writing: Learn to write a school essay that reads like a mystery novel!
- SAT & College Application Essay Workshop: an invaluable workshop for any student who is college-bound.
Learn to write application essays that stand out from the crowd.
- INKLING LITERARY CLUB – Critical Analysis of Literature for Novices: Dig deep. Learn the skills the pro’s use to analyze and critique literature. (9th-12th grades)
- MATH SKILL BUILDERS & ENRICHMENT (all levels) – Whether your student needs skill building or the challenge of an accelerated program, our tutors have a special way of making math fun and relevant!
- WRITING PROGRAMS WITH A GRAPHING CALCULATOR: Use your calculator to improve your critical thinking skills and your grades. Get ready to have a blast! Needed: TI-83 to TI-89 calculator (8th grade-college)
- TRANSITIONAL MIDDLE SCHOOL-to-HIGH SCHOOL MATH: Enter high school with confidence! Make sure your child is prepared for the rigors of high school math.
- SPANISH BOOT CAMP: Conversational, interactive, intense…and fun!
- FEARLESS PUBLIC SPEAKING: Is your child fearful of public speaking? Be encouraged that public speaking is a simple set of skills that can be mastered by most anyone Rhetoric is not a lost art!
- FORMAL DEBATE – THE PERSUASIVE ART OF ARGUING! Contrary to common belief, the one who wins an argument is not the one who expresses him- or herself the loudest! Learn to create a valid position, support it with logic, and present it in a way that has the power to impact others. Parents are invited to participate as well! Workshop culminates with a formal debate. (8th-12th grades)
- SAT-ACT-AP EXAM PREP
ONE-ON-ONE, IN-HOME TUTORING IS AVAILABLE FOR ANY SUBJECT!
Personalized Summer Programs
Our Delco and Chester County, PA summer programs and expert tutors will help your student master even the most challenging subjects. We provide summer tutoring programs that equip your child with extra advantages they need to sharpen their academic skills. This will ensure they are well prepared and confident for the new school year.
We match our expert tutors to your student’s learning style. All our Tutors possess impeccable credentials and character, a passion for teaching, and encouraging personalities that will make learning fun.